Sunday, April 17, 2011

Week 4: Think Aloud #2

I have narrowed down my choices for publication submission. My two choices are the following:

Choice #1: Computing in Education (ACCE: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education) 
ACCE Journal

This journal provides a multidisciplinary forum that allows AACE members to share information through presentation and discussion that focuses on all aspects of education technology in all learning environments.  Articles are invited on any aspect of educational technology which is why I believe that this article may be a good choice for my project which focuses on Multiple Intelligence strategies with an integration of technology to increase the likelihood of success in struggling readers. This journal also appears to include a variety of contributions which I also feel will be beneficial to what I am trying to present in writing.

Choice #2: Journal of Educational Technology and Society
Journal of Educational Technology and Society

This journal appears to have a multitude of subjects within the contents of the journal. My action research contains a variety of aspects such as Multiple Intelligence, technology, metacognitive thinking, student motivational practices, research-based reading instruction, and parent involvement. I feel this journal would be more accepting of the multidisciplinary approach of my research.

I realize that the percentage of acceptance is very minimal. I do plan to look very carefully at the Author's Guidelines for each journal and follow the given criteria to increase my chances of actually publishing for one of these articles.



1 comment:

  1. Tina, These are two really great journals! I have been deliberating about how to publish my project. I really think that I would like to present, rather than publish but I'm still not sure! I will look closer at these two journals. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete