Thursday, April 7, 2011

Week 2: Comment to Mike Colletti


Mike Colletti:
Now, I have the Art of Possibility, which should be required reading for teachers, both old and new.  What a down-to-earth, simple approach to drawing the best out of each of the children we are charged with moving on to the next level in their lives. 

@Mike,
I couldn’t agree with you more. This book is very inspiring and very much needed at a time in the year when I often begin to loose steam. This book reminds me of the reason I wanted to teach, that being to create an environment where kids see the best in themselves and define themselves by their passions and strengths not by their weaknesses. I love this book.

Mike Colletti:
The beauty of the EMDT program is that we have been challenged to move outside the boundaries we usually set up for our own students in creating the projects and completing each month's set of challenges.  In an almost subversive way, giving the A is the practice of most of our instructors throughout the ten-plus months we have traveled on this journey.  I say subversive because it is only now that the practice has been revealed to us through this excellent book. 

My continued response:
I also think you are right on target with what you are saying about this program. This program has allowed me, a person who grew up feeling the opposite of smart, really see value in myself and my way of learning. I love that all types of learners can be successful. This has been a life changing experience, and inspiring people like you have been a huge part of the journey. Thank you.
                                                                                          Photo by Trina Dralus

No comments:

Post a Comment