Thursday, April 21, 2011

Week 4: Response to Curt Isakson (Again)

Curt Says:
“A distinction is not a standard to live up to, but a framework of possibility to live into.”

The Art of Possibilities, Rosamund Zander, and Benjamin Zander, 2000.

Instead of commenting on just one part of the last chapters of this book, I would like to write down a few simple thoughts on the whole book:

This book has really got me thinking about I interact with the people around me, and how I react to the environment that surrounds me.
I have to remind myself that reality is simply my reality and the perspective I view it from can be so fluid from day to day and moment to moment.  I believe that it is up to me to create my world and to make sure that I try to tackle it from a positive and educated viewpoint and keep the WE factor in mind always.
I cannot say I have had a book that has stuck with me so well as the Art of Possibilities. 

My Response:
@ Curt,

I couldn’t agree with you more. I adore this book. I need a lot of work in the area of  making my own weather. Lately, I have let the junk get me down. I haven’t handled disappointment or frustration very well. Your comments to this inspirational book have once again reminded me that life is what we make it. I have actually asked our literacy coach if we can do this book as a book study. I think there are so many ways you could interweave professional development content within a positive life approach. Teachers are feeling beaten down, and this might be a book that refocuses us all on what is important.

Photo found on Creative Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment